Friday, June 27, 2008

Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.
He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

I remember reading above poem by famous poet Robert Frost, during my school days and above it, remember how difficult it was to apprehend the real meaning those days? Or is it today too? While reading today it stroked a chord in thought process. Isn't there any possibility that poet might have written a simple poem with not even a mild thought of relating the flow of poem with real life by taking philosophical jargon of personifying the character to our life ?And then a questioned popped up in my mind. Isn't it the case that we start looking through that perspective only which we are been told and go with the biased thought only until we want to prove something different. And as truly said Human being always look for easy path and stop thinking rationally for better opportunity(If not said, then I am saying it). And I personally feel Human kind is guided by certain age old beliefs and perspective and pass these beliefs from generation to generation. An answer which need to be questioned.