Monday, October 19, 2009

Life's Ideology

I am not sure if the topic suits the body post but did not get anything better than that. This post is not written to hurt anyone's religious sentiments and post would be removed in case it is being asked unanimously. :-)

Suddenly why this topic came into my mind the reason was I had a discussion with a preacher who was talking on the good thing about his religion and it was good knowing about other religion. But in the end what left me in uneasy position was his question on my take on change in religion to his one. Though I gave some reason but guess real reason was left unsaid. But guess reason given was good enough though funny.

I have gone to few of the religious gathering and someway or other found them talking the same thing. Most of the preachers talk about following God,Allah, Bhagwan and their deity's saying and their holy books . And the funny part is in most of the cases it ends with discussion on life after death like Swarg and Narak in Hindu's, Haven and Hell in Christians & Jannat and Dozakh in Islam. What amuse me the way description about these places are given and life's definition. I didnot meet even a single preacher till now who gave importance to current life and told me to live it to full. All I heard was I have to be thankful to God(read deity of their religion from now on for word God) . And I should look forward for Haven (Read corresponding places for their religion ) and do good deeds and pray God, because life is very short and our 100 year life is just 2-3 minutes as per God's time. And life after death is infinite years of God time (think about it in our time and I suppose Avogadro number won't be able to define it). So whatever may be the religion round about things go in same fashion. And everyone defines the life after death as if the Haven exists is a concrete truth and over it the Haven is the place you need to be. If I go through various religion I see a myriads of religion and their corresponding hell and haven which make me think if these are different place or same. May be one is more affluent over another. ;-)

And irony is no one talk's about current life, rather than being a good citizen and a good person talk is given on what is best about their religion. I have a say over here - life which we are living right now should be the one which should be given utmost importance rather than giving importance to life after death, because no one have ever returned saying - Man!!! Its awesome out there, that's the place you should come man, this place sucks and things like this. So have party, enjoy life, be a good person. Rather then living under terror of Haven and Hell. And to be honest I believe its normal human nature to get bored with their current situation and place with time - for some its quick and for some its not so quick. And I don't think if the identity exists then the nature will not - it will be. So think about it, you are bored of Haven but you can't leave it and then you will realize - Sh*t I am screwed. So utilize this 2-3minutes as per God time in nice way so that it won't hurt you more when you are in Haven or Hell. ;-)

Now coming to reason for me not changing my religion - well I am Hindu and there are almost 0.33 billion (33 crore) Gods and Goddess - so I have opportunity at each point of my life to choose another God or Goddess if I get bored of one(though I pay a very little heed to it so chances are less).

And the reason which I did not speak was - I am a Hindu though do not as such follow it with GREAT attention, sometime gets frustrated with it and speaks bad about it. Never ever read about the religion, never participated in rituals and that too when I have so many opportunities to choose God's from. And definitely other God would help me through his/her sources to get into Haven or Hell. What will happen if I will change my religion to yours? I will say something after getting frustrated about it and there wouldn't be any other God to support and get me the esteemed position in God's nest. I suppose I will be screwed then. Bottom line is I do not care about life after death. And I am happily unhappy with my life and have no remorse. ;-)

Note:- I carry a very liberal attitude about religion and take the view that religion should not be something which would restrict you to some boundary, it should give you enough space for thinking, for doing work and other than normal social norms and one defined by law shouldn't take anything as sin. And holistically all religion have the same ideology.

P.S. - Again I was too lazy to check the grammar and spelling, if you find anything wrong then post it in comment area, I am not going to correct it anyways.