Friday, February 20, 2009

Online Marketing

Time for a lesson on online marketing - a layman perspective(advanced and choosy of course)

This thought came after seeing the change in ad pattern on hotmail which was probably trying to come in Yahoo Beta version plans. Those who use hotmail might have notice it that the advertisement which used to be on top of the page horizontally is now in right side of the screen,vertically. The way in which yahoo beta version is advertising. I am not sure who advised them to come with the advertisement in right bar , vertically and that too with pictures in it. Yeah it indeed catch the eye and you can't miss it, but at the same time it irritates too. And that is the reason due to which I restored the classic version of yahoo mail after trying the beta version. Hotmail, high time to introduce features like restoring, else I don't see myself using hotmail in long run probably. Best way of online marketing, is how google do it. How come you are so good ,google. I hate you I hate you. Text advertisement in vertical right bar. And pictured  advertisement in right bottom of the page. In none of the case, I ever clicked the ad though.  For me advertisement in horizontal bar was more like a theme, which made feel good inbox. Wonder who gets trapped in the net of this online marketing. [:thinking]

Moral of the story:-  Pictured advertisement in vertical right bar is a bad idea of online marketing.