Monday, January 18, 2010

Another Weekend

Disclaimer :- Blog readers - going forward you will not get much of content on this blog as it would be more like a random musing. So you can avoid following my blog (or say to Avoid wasting time) and save some time to read other useful content on the virtual world. Still if its not much of concern then go ahead. :-)

Another weekend with movies and virtual world. I wouldn't say it was a wonderful weekend but left me with some ideas. It seems to me the Indian movie industry has come to an stage were it can proudly say that they are coming with better story, better acting and better box office performance. Though the industry still remains slave of big names and big banner but atleast they have some good story though bad star cast sometime. In past 2 weeks have seen almost 8-10 movies and almost 4 movies had good story and acting though couple of them may not do the good business on box office. But still 4 out of 8 is a good number.

Movie industry has moved from the regular script of rich vs poor , horse riding Dacaoit's (Looter) theme movies to movies which actually have some content. I am not saying those movies were complete waste, instead I would say they were melodramatic and were perfect for that time period. Current movies in those time could have had created a lot of noise with no real outcome. Its like a marketing concept, never launch the product before the market demands nor launch it after the market is overloaded. Do it just on the time and you would be the king maker. Anyways, coming to the topic - We do not see the agony of a person who is not able to go to get the president award for his hard work because of lack of money and other responsibility. Instead, we see the richest of the lot, UK, US based rich people who drive expensive cars, and party hard in some posh restaurants. They never get problem in getting Visa, never have to bribe officials and never get monetary problems(if have, then usually it lies in billions of dollars , lakhs and crores are no more problem for them). Well planned loots happened with billions of dollars at stake which would make earlier loot based movie look more like a child play. Its fun seeing these moments, only reason I was grown in that era of movie which will look more like a shit or melodramatic sequence from today's perspective. Anyways, coming to Movies which I watched during the weekend.

Accident On Hill Road - I guess this movie was released long back but due to some reason I was avoiding it. This movie made me think how a bad star cast can spoil the mood for watchign movie and at the same time how a good story can hold you till the end in spite of having irritating character. This was a heroine centric movie with couple of out of context scenes but over all a good story and which will hold you till the end. This was another movie ( Mein, Meri Patni Aur Wo) which I saw till end in spite of unbearable flow but both for different reasons star cast was perfect for other but not for this. Or may be Celina Jaitly did played the role perfectly well which left me completely irritated with her acting. How far people can go for the sake of their own life and career is something which is unacceptable. And becoming inhuman and emotion less is something a complete NO NO. Bitch would be a compliment for the heroine after watching the story and shouldn't be taken in derogatory sense.

Chance Pe Dance - Another good movie, but was more like a cocktail of 'School of Rock', 'Persuit of Happyness'. Story goes on regular story line of current era - hero wins all and hero is the best type movie. No matter whatever hurdle comes he always wins, exception is something defined for hero. Slow heroine suddenly become 'Schumacher' to get the out of turn opportunity for Hero. Whatever, Shahid do know how to dance, and terrific dancing steps by him. There is nothing as such in the movie which you have never seen if you are a regular movie goer. But still acting and the flow will hold you till the end. Guess this would be doing good business on box office taking into account star slavery and total masala content.

Raat Gayi Baat Gayi - How can Rajat Kapoor, Vinay Pathak, Ranvir Shorey and Neha Dhupia become so natural in acting? I am sure this movie will not be doing good business nor it will win any awards but still, its a good movie and should be watched by everyone who cares for natural acting and good story line.There is something about the trio (Rajat, Vinay and Neha) when they come together become natural and make the viewer feel like a real moment. Characters did the justice to the role and lived it well. This is story about a party and moves very fast maintaining the suspense. One more thing which I noted that Vinay's movies are usually low cost movie involving little of 'Movie Set' cost. Songs too are good. This is voted as best movie for this week by me.

Did see some old English movie in free time after watching these and yes, I do not do anything apart from watching movie.

I wanted to book tickets for my 2 week holiday planned in February but couldn't do that because of the unavailability of credit card with me and eventually that made me to apply for it today. Hope I will be able to make it before the cost of ticket become insanely high. I miss India now where the Bank agent were regularly giving irritating calls for new credit card and their scheme and where I had the credit card with me even before I had my regular debit card. I hate the companies who insist to have a credit card to book the tickets. :(